2013 Mini Stock Rules
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. Race officials shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
FWD cars will follow all the IMCA type Sport Compact car and claim rules. RWD cars will use the 2013 Salina Speedway Mini Stock rules. There is no mixing of rules allowed between car types. You must comply completely with one set of rules. Officials reserve the right to alter or adjust the rules as necessary to maintain parity in the class.
1. BODIES – Approved stock bodied and stock appearing compact cars and trucks only. All doors must be welded shut. Trunk lids and hoods must be safely pinned for easy removal. All upholstery, glass, chrome or loose items must be removed. Aluminum or after-market bodies permitted with weight penalty (64” maximum width). Car must have full floor pan and fire wall. Front and rear sub frames may be tied together. Fire wall must have holes covered. Aftermarket nose pieces are OK, 64” maximum width. Frame or chassis fabricated from rear kick up to rear of car allowed with weight penalty. Mini pickups may be used. Tailgates must be welded shut. Beds may be enclosed at top level of beds with metal. Bed floor may be removed only if top of bed is covered.
2. BUMPER – Complete OEM bumpers or optional single round tube bumper not exceeding 1.75 inches. Rear bumpers must have ends securely welded or bolted to body to prevent hooking other bumpers. Bumpers must have fuel cell protection loops if cell is exposed and lower than rear bumper.
3. SUSPENSION – Racing shocks and springs OK. OEM stock spindles only. Adjustable spring buckets OK.
4. STEERING – Original OEM steering only. Quickeners optional.
5. TIRES AND WHEELS – Approved D.O.T. street tires or Hoosier Stocker 195/70-14 or used Hoosier G-60′s only. Maximum width 9″ as measured side wall to side wall by track measuring fork. Cross grooving allowed. Steel wheels with exposed wheel studs, and open end lug nuts only. Bead lock on right rear only.
6. ROLL CAGE – Mandatory 6 point roll cage, with at least 3 drivers side bars attached to cage and 2 passenger side bars plus diagonal brace in main hoop. Minimum tubing O.D. is 1 ½” and .095 wall thickness. Roll cage must be padded around driver area and have sufficient clearance between driver and cage.
7. BRAKES – Full time four wheel brakes mandatory. Brake adjusters allowed front to back ONLY.
8. TRANSMISSION – Stock unaltered OEM transmissions with all gears operating only.
9. REAR END – Unaltered OEM stock rear end only. Locked rear end OK.
10. DRIVESHAFT – Steel only. Must be painted white and have safety loop at front part of driveline.
11. FLYWHEEL & CLUTCH – Unaltered OEM steel flywheel and clutch must match make, model and brand of engine. Safety housing or safety shield recommended. All cars must have an easily accessible 2” inspection hole in the bottom half of the bell housing to easily inspect complete clutch and flywheel. Automatic must have full size, functional torque converter. Aftermarket flywheel and clutch allowed, no mini couplers.
12. FUEL CELL – Approved fuel cell must be mounted securely to tech inspectors satisfaction in metal box and in trunk with firewall between cell and driver’s compartment. 2 1/8? thick minimum strap material 360 degrees around cell recommended. Pickups will have fuel cell mounted in bed away from tailgate area inside of frame rails. Fuel cell must be protected anytime car is on track.
13. FUEL – Gasoline only. Absolutely no additives or alcohol.
14. FUEL PUMP – OEM type mechanical fuel pump only unless originally equipped with electric pump. Cars originally built with OEM electric pump must be run through OEM or aftermarket switch to stop pump when engine stops.
15. BATTERY – Must be in battery box and covered, securely fastened in car, safely away from fuel cell or fuel lines. Must be bolted with metal straps.
16. SAFETY EQUIPMENT – Minimum 5-point harness is mandatory. Recommended not to be more than three years old and in good condition. Aluminum seat mandatory, must be securely padded and bolted to frame and roll cage. Must wear minimum of full SFI approved fire retardent suit (top and bottoms), racing shoes, racing gloves, neck brace and SA2005 or SA2010 helmet. At least 3 safety bars must be installed in front of driver. Kill switch must be installed within driver’s reach and be clearly marked ON and OFF. Window nets are required with latch at top front of window.
17. LETTERING – All cars must be numbered with large legible numbers on both sides and on the top. Letters on the door and top must be at least 4” thick and 20” high. Recommend numbers on left front and right rear. All numbers shall be in contrast by color of body. Duplicate numbers will have to be changed or modified so track officials will have no problems in identification. Maximum of 3 digit numbering.
18. WEIGHT – Minimum 2200 lbs with driver after race for stock or steel bodied cars. Aluminum or aftermarket bodied cars must weigh a minimum of 2300 lbs with driver after race. Steel bodied cars must run stock fenders and roof. Any part of the body that is aluminum will be caused for said car to be considered aluminum or aftermarket when weighing. Any weight added must be SECURELY BOLTED to chassis with two half inch bolts. Speedway scales are final. All added weight must be painted white and have car number on it and mounted inside the body or frame. No bolt on weight in driver compartment.
19. ENGINE – Only naturally aspirated 4 cylinder 151 cubic inch maximum engines. Factory engine location. Stock bore plus .080 maximum only. Stock bore and stroke combinations only. No roller cams, lifters or followers. Unaltered OEM production engines, cylinder heads and blocks must match make and model of car. Unaltered OEM Factory production carburetor intake manifold only. A maximum of one 1.200” adaptor plate including gaskets. Must run unaltered OEM two-barrel Motorcraft carburetor or Holley 350 measured with GO/NO GO gauges. Holley must pass go/no go gauges. Tubing headers allowed, but must have 1 collector and pipe must pass driver seat on either side. May run MSD #8728 or MSD #8738 with optional rev limiter.
20. ENGINE CLAIM – Mini Stocks will utilize the IMCA claim rules, with the exception being no license or claim card is required. The IMCA claim rules can be found by clicking HERE. $525.00 or swap. Claiming driver must pay wrecker $25 to pull engine and must pay both wreckers in event of swap. 1st claim refusal will result in loss of points and pay for the night and $200 fine. 2nd claim refusal will result in loss of pay, all season points and $500 fine. Shock $25 cash claim each. One to all four shocks equals one claim. Car may be claimed once per event. Engine claim trumps shock claim. FWD cars will be $1,5000 claim for complete car or $500 with swap only. A FWD car can not claim a RWD car, nor can a RWD car claim a FWD car. Claim does not include – 1. flywheel, 2. clutch, 3. pressure plate, 4. bellhousing, 5. breathers, 6. carburetor, 7. starter, 8. motor mounts, 9. oil/temp. sending units, 10. fan and pulleys, 11. clutch ball, 12. clutch arm, 13. throw out bearing, 14. dip stick, 15. water pump, 16. fuel pump, rod and plate, 17. distributor, 18. plug wires, 19. water outlet and restrictor. 20. exhaust manifold and pipes.
21. RADIATORS – Must be in stock location.
23. TOWING LOOPS – Cable loops must be installed and easily accessible so cars can be lifted on end and pulled to the pits. Loops must be suitable size to lift car. This will be strictly enforced.
24. It is the It is the obligation of each participant to insure that his/her conduct and equipment comply with all applicable rules and regulations. Anything not addressed in these rules shall be considered NOT ALLOWED unless approved by officials prior to race. Ask first. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final. Track scale and test equipment are final.